I have been involved in music education since 2000 and have worked as a college and university lecturer, coordinator and senior manager with the following experience:
- teaching / lecturing a wide range of music, music production, acoustics, music management modules from level 2 through to level 6
- project supervision
- qualification development from levels 1 to 6, including foundation degree and degree programmes
- course, department and scheme management
- quality assurance – QAA, OFSTED and external validation and examination for a range of universities
I can provide a range of education related consultancy, from developing resources and curriculum through to setting up projects.
In addition to the education work above, I have worked as a consultant in a range of areas:
- Thomson Prometric – advised on quality of audio files for driving theory test and restoration of 4000 files
- panellist on 4 music conferences in Manchester (CCMC and SWAP Fest) and at Jersey Live 2009
- setup, developed, managed and sold Audigist.com – MP3 sales website for unsigned artists and independent record labels
- author of ‘Recording and Production’ self study workbook for New Deal for Musicians via Armstrong Learning (30,000 words)
- studio design of main control room at Lever Street campus for The Manchester College
- rehearsal room design for Liverpool based Grass Root Network community project
- exhibitor at 7 South by South West conventions representing RF Records & City College Manchester (2004-10) – overseeing 40 students at each. Planned and organised the 2010 trip.